Thursday, January 29, 2009

DAY 23 - Namaste, Guruji

Today I catch a glimpse of Guruji for the first time since I've been here! I'm so happy to see him; it's a beautiful moment, and rare right now. I've been wondering if I would get to see him, and feeling very grateful for the opportunity I had to meet him in Florida last May, because I know that I probably will not have that chance here. But still, I have to admit, I've really been hoping to see Guruji since I moved into this house. The balcony across from my room looks right onto the shala and their home, and I know he sits outside on the patio sometimes. I look out the window every single time I walk by it, and today, I'm rewarded with a beautiful sight! As I pause and gaze out the window at him peacefully sitting alone, everything else fades away and I feel totally at peace myself, happy and full of love and so present in this perfect moment here in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment