Thursday, January 29, 2009

DAY 22 - Rest and Relaxation

I'm doing nothing today, off practice with no plans, so I sleep in and then decide to head to the hotel pool early and spend the afternoon there. My girlfriend got a pedicure at the hotel spa last week and her feet were actually clean for a few minutes - sounds simple, I know, but clean feet are nearly impossible here - and I think I'll do the same while I'm there today. When I walk outside I see a friend having a coconut outside the shala so I grab one, too, (nice breakfast!) and join her for a minute. Our friend Darius comes over and asks for my email and says he's leaving tomorrow; he was only here for 3 weeks. I'm really surprised that it's time for him to go home. Have 3 weeks gone by already? It reminds me of how quickly my time here will pass... better appreciate every moment! I get to the pool before 10am and I'm the first person there; it's so still and peaceful. The area around the pool is shady this early in the morning and it's not too hot yet, just a beautiful, warm, quiet morning and a few minutes alone so soak it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment