Friday, January 9, 2009

THANK YOU FRIENDS!

Thank you, everyone, for your posts and emails! It means so much to hear from you. Before I left, friends told me that a blog and email would be an important lifeline to home but I didn't really understand it until I got here. I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to read your messages! The first time I posted on the blog and saw I got seven messages back from friends at home I actually got really teary. It was so comforting at that time when the jetlag and culture shock hit me hard and I was suddenly wondering, what the heck have I done?!? Now I'm settling in and really starting to enjoy it here, not feeling so lonely and out of place, but I know that will probably go up and down several times over the 2 months I'm here (I'm so happy, I love it here, I want to stay forever... I'm so lonely, I've had enough of this, I want to go home...! ) Anyway, I just wanted to say a great big THANK YOU, and it is so nice to hear from you all, and please continue to stay in touch! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment