Sunday, February 1, 2009

DAY 24 - Hello Full Primary!

Last week I was low energy for a few days, dragging myself through practice and secretly hoping I wouldn't see another new posture for a while. This week I've felt better and I guess it shows... today Sharath gave me the rest of the postures to complete the primary series! I spend a few moments reflecting on this incredible journey, from the day I walked into Matthew's shala and began practicing Ashtanga Yoga to the present moment, completing the series here in India. I feel really lucky to have learned this way, traditionally, being given each posture from the beginning as my teacher felt I was ready. Now I've been given the last few postures here, at the source, by one of his teachers. I've had so many opportunities over the last year and a half to just jump ahead in my practice, but I'm glad I found patience and waited, respecting the way it was meant to be passed on to me. I can see now that my practice is a direct continuation of this lineage and I'm honored to be part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment